In order to bring consistency and structure to the HSA, the following should be the ongoing focus of the HSA board:
- Fundraisers: At meetings committee members bring up things the school needs, from art supplies to computers, and decide how to raise funds to help. In 2013-2014, HSA funded new ipads for the school. During the 2014-2015 school year, HSA invested $3,000 in additional Spanish resources.
- Book Fairs: HSA’s are often called in to help manage and promote this event that offers students reasonably priced books, stocks classroom libraries, and raise money for the school.
- Teacher Appreciation: The HSA takes charge of showing teachers are valued through Christmas parties, Catholic Schools Week luncheons, Teacher Appreciation Week events, finding classroom volunteers, and other morale builders.
- Family Engagement Days: The HSA will sponsor important events for both students and families. HSA hosts the Back to School BBQ, Fall Festival, Breakfast with Santa, Field Day, and Spring Beautification Day!
- Parent Classes/Workshops/Seminars: HSA will offer classes in practical subjects like Internet safety, have experts come and discuss issues such as homework, or host workshops on good health habits for parents.