The Admissions Process for the 2016-2017 School Year will open on January 31st. Information about the application process will be available at our Open House on January 31st from 10am-2pm
Click here to sign up for email reminders about the admission process.
Admission to Sacred Heart School involves an application process. The application process at Sacred Heart School involves several steps. Before you consider applying, please be sure that your child is the appropriate age for the grade you want him or her to enter. Children entering Kindergarten must be five years old by September 30th. Children entering first grade must be six by September 30th of the entry year. Documentation of proof of age is required.
- Apply online using TADS, our Enrollment and Admissions service.
- Submit the $50.00 non-refundable application fee online.
Submit required documentation:
No action will be taken on your application until all required information has been received.
The Review Committee will evaluate all the requested documentation/materials provided. The school will make an evaluation upon the completion of Step II to determine if a student will be considered for admission. If so, the student will move on to Step III, which is the Admission Screening.
Students not being considered for admissions will be notified at the completion of Step II.
- Admission Screening / Shadow Day
- Birth certificate and immunization record
- Baptismal certificate (if Catholic)
- Report Cards- current and past 2 school years
- Standardized Testing- most current and any previous scores
- Sign the Parent/Guardian Authorization Form and return it to Ms. Giron, School Office Manager
- Teacher Recommendation Form. Once this form is completed, your child’s current school should mail it directly to us. Please follow up with your child’s current teacher to ensure that this has been mailed.
- Any other pertinent information on your child’s behalf.
- Parent/Guardian Interview
- Please call the office to schedule a Shadow Day. Your student will spend the day with his/her prospective class.
- While here for the shadow day, Admission Screening will be conducted. The screening is used to determine the level of performance in the Reading, Math, and Spanish. Screening is also used to determine placement and to confirm the student’s ability to be successful in a particular grade.
- The principal/committee will interview the parent/guardian prior to final acceptance.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR ALL ARCHIDOCESAN CATHOLIC SCHOOLS
- Once your child has been accepted into the Sacred Heart School Community you will receive a notification via email from TADS and an Acceptance Letter via mail.
- In order to finalize this process and continue to hold a place for your child you must pay $100.00 non-refundable registration fee (check or money order only). If we do not receive them within ten days, we will assume that you have made other plans and offer your child’s place to another student.
- Complete and sign the Tuition Agreement Form
- Additional documentation may be requested in order to finalize your child’s placement for the school year.
- If we do not receive items within ten days, we will assume that you have made other plans and offer your child’s place to another student.
- Registrations are not complete until all tuition and school fees are paid, in full, at the school where students are currently enrolled.
- No records may be transferred to a second school, unless all payments are up to date.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact the office at (202) 526-4657.
To sign up for email reminders about the Admissions Process, Click Here.